> On 07 Dec 2015, at 11:51 , EuanM <euan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And indeed, in principle.
>
> On 7 December 2015 at 10:51, EuanM <euan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Verifying assumptions is the key reason why you should documents like
>> this out for review.
>>
>> Sven -
>>
>> I'm confident I understand the use of UTF-8 in principal.

I can only second Sven's sentiment that you need to better differentiate code
points (an abstract numerical representation of a character, where a set of
such mappings
define a charset, such as Unicode), and character encoding forms. (which are
how code points are represented in bytes by a defined process such as UTF-8,
UTF-16 etc).

I know you'll probably think I'm arguing semantics again, but these are
*important* semantics ;)

Cheers,
Henry