> On 21 Dec 2015, at 17:20, Robert Withers <robert.w.with...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 12/21/2015 10:17 AM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

>> governments cannot crack it.
>>
>> Why it is disadvantage?
>
> Governments stay in power, or exercise collective sovereignty, through
> dominion, agency and possession. Loss of control over information, and by
> extension currency, affects possession, or having control. They still have
> dominion and agency, but without three legs you can build no stool to sit
> upon. If loss of control over information and currency undermines possession,
> then the concept of the modern nation-state is undermined. I view this as a
> negative.

This is not the place for politics, but cryptography is inherently linked to
it.

I must say that it really scares me if someone implementing all kinds of
cryptography thinks that 'the government' should be able to crack it. If that
is your opinion (I might understand you wrongly), than just write everything in
plain text and be done with it.