I managed to get per object substitution callbacks working in Mushroom. Please take a look in http://www.squeaksource.com/Mushroom and load Mushr00m-Pharo on top of MushrOOm (after installing Cryptography and SecureSession from http://www.squeaksource.com/Cryptography).

Then look at the classes in the Utility category.

HTH,

Robert