On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 5:24 PM, teso...@gmail.com <teso...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Mariano,
>      WNOHANG is a constant is defined in sys/wait.h, after the
> compilation is not included in the object file.
>
> You will have to duplicate its value in the Smalltalk Code. It's value is
> 1, in linux is defined in bits/waitflags.h as
>
> #define WNOHANG 1

mmmmmm but then I would need to take care about its different values in
different OS right?
I am reading for example this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.python/_5rCpfYR_ZE

     sunos 4.1.3     : #define WNOHANG 1
        Solaris 2.4     : #define WNOHANG 0100
        OSF1 2.0        : #define WNOHANG 0x1
        Ultrix 4.4        : #define WNOHANG 1
        irix 4.0.5C     : #define WNOHANG 0x1
        irix 5.2        : #define WNOHANG 0100
        irix 6.0.1      : #define WNOHANG 0100

OK..the thread is from 1995... I thought the POSIX standard would
standardize that...

I am now checking at
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/include/sys/wait.h

and it says:

#define WNOHANG 0x00000001
But again..I wonder how portable is to stick to that...

Ok...maybe I will need to go with a VM primitive as #primGetChildExitStatus:
  that way I can do the:

self cCode: 'waitpid ( pidToHandle, &exitStatus, WNOHANG )'  inSmalltalk: [
exitStatus := -1 ].

pd: que groso Pablito verte por aca!!!!