Le 9 janv. 2016 2:06 PM, "Dimitris Chloupis" <kilon.al...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> why it has to check for version conflicts ? once I tell pharo to install
a package thats what I  want it to do. Is this practice really necessary ?

This is because Monticello needs to check all repositories to choose a
version number higher by one to all version numbers of that package in all
repositories.

Of course, this could fail if you don't check all mc repositories in the
whole world...

Of course, this has no meaning for gitfiletree repositories...

Thierry

> On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 2:58 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
>>
>> it is a combination of 2 things: the repo must 1st be defined and used
by a package, then there is this odd behaviour of checking all repos for
version conflicts.

>> so it depends on what you have loaded.
>>
>> > On 09 Jan 2016, at 12:34, Dimitris Chloupis <kilon.al...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > eeeehhh that was happening forever at least the last 2 years I am
around. How come you guys just noticed ?

I saw a query to www.squeaksource.com?