> No, you are right. It isn't shown in red, even if it is a unknown symbol.
>
> I'll have a look.

Oh, that is bad.
The check for existing Symbols always succeeds, because
Parsing an expression with RBParser creates RBMethod- and RBMessageNodes
And they use always #asSymbol for its selectors.

That means, as soon as we parse an expression, we add all new Symbols.

And as the parser is now used for syntax highlighting as well, this means
new symbols will be added on compiling new methods and expressions
or just highlighting them. That's bad.

anyone an idea?

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> In the past in Pharo when a message was not matching an existing
selector the selector was turned into red

>> I think this only happened for names not known as a symbol, regardless
whether this symbol exists as a message selector or just a symbol.