Mariano Martinez Peck <marianop...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Damien Pollet <damien.pol...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Because there is this concept called "consistency" that's interesting to
>> have :p
>>
>> If your code wants $HOME it can ask for it explicitly, same for /. However
>> if it just wants to do something in $PWD consistent with most use-cases,
>> the image directory is the sensible default.
>>

> I agree with Pollet. I don't care if it is image directory or $HOME. What I
> care is that $PWD of the VM process should match with FileSystem >>
> workingDirectory.  And right now it does not match.

I was not clear enough: I agree that consistency is important and VM
must answer the same as image. What that "same" should be is still
unclear to me though. You propose the image folder, but this is
inconsistent with other applications launched by double-click. I propose
to be consistent with other applications: HOME on Linux, / on OS X.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill