On 4 April 2016 at 16:49, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ideas about what it does or requires. From that perspective you appeal to
>>> wrong person. On your place i would be asking a guy who knows Pillar
>>> innards about it.
>>> Forgive my ignorance.. but i am not omniscient.
>>>

>> False humility doesn't work there, Igor :)
>>

> But i don't know what Pillar is. Never used it. I'm not lying here. I seen
> people doing something with it time to time.. but never got my eyes on it.
> Or would you prefer that i would pretend that i know something and can
> continue discussion about things related to it? Waving hands, pointing to
> milestones, drawing diagrams? :)

>>> turing-complete environment. Taking shortcuts etc etc yadda yadda. Now do
>>> such statements alone can bring us anywhere closer to grand goals and grand
>>> projects?
>>> Nope. Only hard day to day work could bring us there.. Not talks about
>>> how cool we are.
>>>

>> Hard day to day work, yes. But if you make it that uninteresting, yes,
>> I'm sure we will never get there :)
>>
>> Okay, let me elaborate what was the whole point behind TxText project.
> It was part of work we were doing to migrate from old Canvas & BitBlt
> Morphic rendering towards vector-based rendering using Athens. Basically in
> a nutshell TxText is a model and rendering engine for text rendering.
> Does it means it can serve as a base of full-fledged word processing
> software in a future? Sure thing. Why not?
>
> But does it means i should care or have interest in pursuing that
> direction? No. It is not on my radar and not among my interests.

.. My interest was to migrate Pharo to run using vector-based graphics. And
without text rendering, that apparently would be incomplete.
What you can do on top of that, is beyond that scope. My personal interest
and interest of our team was to make a platform, so you can do it yourself.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.