On 4 April 2016 at 17:47, Denis Kudriashov <dionisi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It is. Five packages, 1609 + 2647 lines of code (excluding tests and
>> styler).
>>
>> I think Denis has worked on it (and extended it).
>>

> History was that:
> At some point I realised that I can't use old TextMorph anymore. For my
> project I needed flexible editors which allows me implement validation,
> mask fields, secrete fields and others. It was almost impossible to hack
> old text morph to support these features.
> I read about Igor project TxText. It included only model at that time
> which was very similar to my ideas. So I decided to implement editors on
> top of it. I was try to not touch model itself and only fix bugs. But
> during development I saw all weakness of model and I start refactoring with
> idea of active text which announces any changes.
> And in same time Igor returned to this project. He saw all problems with
> model and started refactoring too. But his idea was opposite to my.

I would not say it opposite.
You see, you started implementing advanced features, right from the
beginning, while we didn't even finished the basic set of features, like
simple text input/editing.
The only 'opposite' to your direction was decision to stop thinking upfront
how much steroids we can put into model & editor and concentrate on
completing a bare bone feature set, so that we can replace morphic text
editor with it.
Adding steroids can wait :)

--
Best regards,