Le 18/4/16 18:28, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :
Hello.

Year ago Beacon and SystemLogger were announced. There was big discussion about them. And there were plans to provide single solution. What was done around that?

Nothing. We should have done it at Cambridge and we just discussed.
I did not like some Beacon class names because they are totally confusing.

What exactly should be merged between this libraries? Was Beacon or SystemLogger planned to be end solution?
We planned to merge SystemLogger into Beacon to use announcements
We definitely need legacy logging tool for Pharo. And I am going to work on this direction. Personally I prefer metaphor and names from Beacon. But both libraries implement similar idea.
Remember that you want to have them short especially for the main one. This is why in SystemLogger
we have Log instead of what it is LogObject if I remember correctly.

Best regards,
Denis