Hi,

My point of view is:

1) in code/core, we should use (we already said that with Camille in the
past ;-)):

self environmentAt: #Blah

Object>>environmentAt: aSymbol
    ^ self class environmentAt: aSymbol

Object class>>environmentAt: aSymbol

The idea is that we can then customize name resolution, per object, per
class and per module in the future.

2) For scripting purpose, asClass is indeed useful (GTInspector, ...).
I would start simple as said before, re-package it and add a rule as
suggested by Denis.
Now, I am not sure that making asClass supporting name resolution in
another environment is really useful.
And if we do it using thisContext, some developers may use that instead of
 "obj environmentAt: XXX" which would be bad.

my 2Kč,

#Luc