So I opened this case 19108
<https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19108/Logging-error-stack-should-not-hang-image-and-prevent-opening-debugger>
and
submitted slice which restricts logging time to 100 milliseconds. (it
should be enough, look at issue explanation).

But also there is some problem with GTDebugger which talk with full stack
items instead of visible ones. It slowdown opening on big stack (which is
usual for recursion cases).
To see problem just open in browser Context>>sender and put counter on
sender variable (from suggestion menu). Also disable stack logging by
"DebugSession logDebuggerStackToFile: false".

Now execute "1 recursionTest" from workspace and after 3 seconds press
cmd+.. You will see 11610 calls of "context sender". Interesting that with
SpecDebugger it is just 42 calls.