> On 29 Nov 2016, at 00:00, Ben Coman <b...@openinworld.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 5:29 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com
> <mailto:esteba...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> On 28 Nov 2016, at 21:32, stepharo <steph...@free.fr
>> <mailto:steph...@free.fr>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> - Could we rename FastTable into Table?
>
> not for Pharo 6 but Pharo 7 yes… in fact, I think it should be called
> TableMorph.
> (Also we need to refactor a lot, to eliminate the FT prefix, etc.)
>

>> - Then I miss an important design point. Why datasource returns Morph?
>> I do not get get why a data source should return UI element. To me it
>> violates layers.
>
> no, because that’s its purpose: to provide the table with the cell elements
> (which are by definition Morphs… any kind of morphs).
> a TableDataSource is not a spec, is the provider of cells.
>

> so maybe TableCellSource / TableCellProvider ?

I’m not against changing its name, in general the family of names are
“DataSource”, “Store”, etc. so I imagine that “Provider” fits (even if I tend
to hate names style “Manager”, “Factory”, “Provider”, because there are too
generic… sometimes is that what you have :P)
But is not just a “cell provider”, it does something more, is a general model
of the TableMorph: it provides cells, headers and interaction capabilities
(like drag&drop)… so it is more like a "table data provider”, TableDataSource,
TableStore, TableProvider are then better names, IMO…

this changes will impact Pharo 7… is very good that we can have a discussion
like this now, that we have the time to reach a consensus :)

Esteban