I had a merge issue once, but merge issues are normal never saw them as
problem and with the git gui client I am using it took me a few seconds to
resolve.

I have not done a pull request but I do not see why I would have any
problem

There is also a filetree version without any metadata if I remember
correctly that I always wanted to give a try but because I know how to
avoid merge issues I never had good enough reason to give it a try.

In case of merge issue its just about choosing which version will overwrite
the other one which is something my git gui client handles automagically
with minimum input from me