Hi again.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Denis Kudriashov <dionisi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I think problem that these names could be already in use by frameworks. I
>> am sure #isReadOnly, #beReadOnly is used in many UI's. For example Margitte
>> uses it
>

> And probably Glorp

The only thing we (the VM developers) care is that we have only 2
primitives, 163 to check is an object is read-only and 164 to change the
read-only property of an object. We do not want to have #beReadOnlyObject
and #beWritableObject as 2 different primitives, we prefer having only one
primitive to mutate the state, which is currently in the
Object>>#setIsReadOnlyObject: method.

The Pharo community is free to pick the names they like for their
primitives. We tried to use #isReadOnly, #isWritable and #beReadOnly, but
as Denis mentioned, there were conflicts with other frameworks. If you
rename Object>>#attemptToAssign:withIndex:, don't forget to update the
special object array with the new selector.