On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Denis Kudriashov <dionisi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> But we could integrate the patch (his work marking slow tests) and the
>> code, and then disable the enforcing mechanism. That will allow us to
>> re-able it quickly later on.
>

> It is already in image. My patch only enable small time limit.

But this could conceivably cause more  erroneous failures by the CI
monkey, which slows down progress up to the Release.

+1 for doing it after the Release.

Now what would be interesting (though maybe not feasible) would be
recording how long each test takes, maybe sending to a central server,
to do maybe do statistics on them.  Maybe faster running tests could
be scheduled first.  Or we may find some tests have multiple modes to
optimise.  Or which tests fail the timeout more often - to help set
the timeout.  Perhaps the timeout needs to scale for different
environments - like running of a RPi rather than a beast desktop.

cheers -ben