> Nice work, I like the approach.

Thank's.

> Did you inspire your work in how Dolphin and VAST implements menu
> creation, command execution, and so on?

No.
I actually not remember that there were first class commands in Dolphin. I
remember kind of CommandDescription with selector/block inside. No
hierarchy of commands. But I could be wrong.

I was more inspired by OmniBrowser and AltBrowser commands. But there were
no activators idea inside.
(I never worked with VAST)

> I find your solution similar to how Dolphin implements it, where even
> each Presenter is even queried about each command by using a command
> query and routing solution.
>
> Will you use this in the context of Calypso and friends?

Yes. And Calypso extends it with specific activators:
- ClyToolbarCommandActivator to build middle bar of browser (switch browser
to instance/class side are commands)
- ClyTableIconCommandActivator to decorate table rows with iconic buttons
(to provide method icons like in Nautilus)