On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 1:57 PM, K K Subbu <kksubbu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 17 April 2017 11:52 PM, Cyril Ferlicot D. wrote:
>
> StartupPreferencesLoader default
>>                 addAtStartupInGeneralPreferenceFolder:
>>                         {(StartupAction
>>                                 name: 'Add my repository'
>>                                 code: [ MCRepositoryGroup default
>> addRepository:
>> (MCSqueaksourceRepository location: 'http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker') ]
>>                                 runOnce: true)}
>>

> Thank you for this nice tip. I was just curious about why this repo was
> omitted from the built-in repos in a released image? Is VMMaker not a
> supported package for Pharo?

Pharo is not delivered with VMMaker built-in / pre-loaded. So neither is
its repo built-in.
VMMaker is not relevant to most users, and it has no priority over 100s of
user packages.
All the repos you see built-in are actually components delivered built-into
Pharo.

btw, AFAIK the VM Simulator doesn't work on Pharo - though I'm not sure
anyone has had a serious look at it.
The main vm-devs and the OpenSmalltalk CI builds work on top of Squeak.

cheers -ben