On Tuesday 18 April 2017 10:51 PM, Alistair Grant wrote:
1. This is assuming that ensureEndsWith: is only used for strings, but
the implementation doesn't assume that (I tested it with an Array and it
was fine).
2. If you look at existing senders of ensureEndsWith: they check that
the string isn't empty.

In Pharo 5/6 WriteStream>>ensureCr does not. I guess this is one of those annoyances that most people just overlook. I happened to use generator.image from the command line in a small terminal window and got annoyed with all those blank lines. Chasing it down was more of a fun exercise in using Pharo.

I really appreciate you reviewing the code and your comments really made me study the fix more carefully. Thanks.

Regards .. Subbu