> Indeed.
>
> Also, you should never have to write the platform test, an important idea of
> FileSystem is to prevent that.

Complete transparency is not possible because the concepts of file system in
Windows and Unix are different. While in Unix you have a continuous tree, in
Windows you have the concept of drive or 'disk unity' (C: D: E: ...) and
disjunct trees. Also in Unix you can have complex file names that include
almost all characters while in Unix some characters cannot be used (like : )...
Not to mention that file properties in Unix and Windows are not exactly the
same, links are not the same, so on and so forth.

> Have you read the chapter on FileSystem from the Deep Into Pharo book ?
>
> Maybe some Windows users can help you better, but I don't recall others
> having trouble using FileSystem on Windows.

Best regards,

Casimiro Barreto

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivĂ­rus.