On Friday 05 May 2017 03:01 AM, Andrei Chis wrote:
Any thoughts or places where I can look? This problem is still in the
latest vm.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Andrei Chis <chisvasileand...@gmail.com
<mailto:chisvasileand...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    In an ubuntu installation with the latest vm and Pharo 6 image when
    executing `./pharo --help` I get an error code of 1.
    On mac the error code is 0. Also when executing './pharo' or
    './pharo Pharo.image --help' or './pharo --version' the error code
    is 0 on both mac and linux.

That is strange. The source code returns 1 for both unix and Mac:

-----platforms/Mac OS/vm/sqMacUnixCommandLineInterface.c ----
  if      (!strcmp(argv[0], "-help"))           {
        usage();
        return 1; }
-----platform/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c
if      (!strcmp(argv[0], VMOPTION("help")))          { usage();
return 1; }
-------

BTW, the option is "-help" with a single dash. Two dashes will print the same because the option is not recognized. You may as well type "--hellllp" ;-).

Regards .. Subbu