Hi Denis,

The current update mechanism in the inspector is very light, in the sense
that it only updates the visual representation of elements and does not
recompute them, nor offers any hooks into the update process.
Indeed having a way to also recompute the display elements could be useful.
We could change the update mechanism to add different kind of update
strategies.

Cheers,
Andrei