Yes, that's a problem.
Some projetcs have a strict policy and remove old versions (for example
because they have vulnerabilities).
So we have to regularly update our upstream links.
But we have caches on Travis/Appveyor because reconstructing those external
dependencies is very costly
(see the cache directive near line 7 of
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/.travis.yml).
Consequently, a green build on the CI server might well be red anywhere
else...

Nicolas