Hi Sven,

On 15 November 2017 at 20:44, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
> Yes, it is working for me too now, and it is actually pretty nice.
>
> I wonder though what the best way is to keep your personal fork up to date ?
>
> I managed to do it with a PR from the fork to the origin (or is it the
> reverse ?), like this
>
> https://github.com/svenvc/pharo/pull/1
>
> but it felt a bit weird because obviously the diff is large and I had the
> impression that the CI process than had to process all this.
>
> Maybe there is a better/easier/more correct way ?

I only update my fork when I'm starting from a fresh image - my
understanding is that upgrading an image is not supported at the
moment.

Set up the repository:

cd emptydirectory
wget 'the latest 7.0 image'
git clone g...@github.com:pharo-project/pharo.git pharo-core
cd pharo-core
git remote add $username g...@github.com:$username/pharo.git
cd ..

Once the repository has been set up, the following script:

1. Configures Iceberg to show system repositories
2. Finds the pharo repository.
3. Finds the two remotes (origin and $username, from above)
4. Configures Iceberg to pull from origin and push to $username by default.
5. Checks out the development branch

and finally does what you were asking about, updating the fork from the origin

6. Pull from origin
7. Push to fork ($username)
8, Checkout the images commit
9. Reloads modified packages

| location username pharoRepository origin myfork |

location := 'pharo-core'.
username := 'myusername'.

Iceberg showSystemRepositories: true.
pharoRepository := IceRepository registry detect: [ :each | each name
= 'pharo' ].
pharoRepository location: location asFileReference.
origin := pharoRepository remotes detect: [ :each | each remoteName =
'origin' ].
myfork := pharoRepository remotes detect: [ :each | each remoteName =
username ].
pharoRepository pushRemote: myfork.
pharoRepository pullRemote: origin.
pharoRepository checkoutBranch: 'development'.
pharoRepository backend pullFrom: origin.
pharoRepository push.
pharoRepository checkoutBranch: (SystemVersion current commitHash).
[(pharoRepository savedPackages select: [:aPackage | aPackage isLoaded
and: [ aPackage  isModified ]]) do: #reload ] on: MCMergeOrLoadWarning
do: [ :warning | warning resume: true ].

'Loaded pharo-core' inspect.

I always have OSSubprocess loaded, so it would actually be easy to
automate the cloning and configuration of the repository.  I might do
that next week.

Cheers,
Alistair