Op 10-12-2017 om 15:44 schreef Cyril Ferlicot:
On dim. 10 déc. 2017 at 15:07, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@gmail.com wrote:
    And I don't mean 1 or 2 thousand files.

    This is damn slow on windows.

This is one of the reasons Esteban created Tonel I think. With Tonel there is 1 file par class instead of 1 file per method. Once it will be really stable, moving projects to Tonel should speed up things on Windows.

Indeed. An even larger problem is the write amplification: Minimium disk file size of 4KB means a slow down of a factor 20. 1 (primary) file per class and sorting the methods helps a lot. Doing that in a cross-platform compatible way so we can easier share source code needs some further refinement

Stephan