On 05-12-17 08:59, Peter Uhnák wrote:
> In my case, it turned out to be a non-UTF8 encoded character in one of the commit messages.

I've ran into this problem in a sister project (tonel-migration), and do not have a proper resolution yet. I was forcing everything to be unicode, so I need a better way to read and write encoded strings. :<

To be exact, exactly none of the older commits will be UTF8 encoded. For most it doesn't matter as they are ASCII, but if we want to have a change of converting older french or german code (or japanese), we need support for what was done with WideString. That probably needs a look in the squeak mailing list archives.

Stephan