Hi!

I’m working on simplifying the contribution process, after collecting
opinions/experiences last couple of months.
As you know, Pharo contribution process is still WIP and we aim to have it as
smooth as possible for Pharo 7.0 release. Now, after observe the idea of the
“system repositories” was a bad idea because it introduced extra and non
standard “path” to contribution, I managed to remove that to reestablish “the
regular way”: you will now need to add pharo repository just as any other
repository you add, by cloning or adding local repository.

I took Guille’s doc and moved it to pharo project (it does not has sense to
have it living in a contributor’s repository when is so important). You can
find it here:

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/wiki/Contribute-a-fix-to-Pharo
<https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/wiki/Contribute-a-fix-to-Pharo>

This document is also updated to reveal this new process, please read it.

How to update your startup scripts?
Some people has added startup scripts to easy the first part of contribution.
Instead enabling system repositories, etc. you now need to replace that with
this:

(IceRepositoryCreator new
        location: '/path/to/pharo-project/pharo' asFileReference;
        subdirectory: 'src';
        createRepository)
        register

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE… take a moment to read and try the document. Is very
important that document reflects new process and works reliable in different
scenarios (I validated it on macOS and Windows, and assumed it worked fine on
linux but you know… bad assumptions is the base of failure ;) )

I’m eager to hear your feedback and continue enhancing the process.

(yes, Stef, I know UI is still cumbersome… I’m working on that :) )

cheers!
Esteban