What do you mean by your IP address, on your local network or the one seen by
external servers when you connect to them?

If I remember well, the IP address seen by computers outside your local network
is not the IP address of your actual computer but the one of the router
connecting your local network to the outside web.

I am not sure you can get the outside IP address without asking it to a
computer outside your local network but I might be wrong.

Julien

---
Julien Delplanque
Doctorant à l’Université de Lille 1
http://juliendelplanque.be/phd.html
Equipe Rmod, Inria
Bâtiment B 40, Avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq
Numéro de téléphone: +333 59 35 86 40