Hi Alex,

Le 07/04/2018 à 17:48, Aliaksei Syrel a écrit :
Hi

Here is a link to a report about their experience with Pharo:
https://gitlab.fit.cvut.cz/taibrmar/sokoban-using-bloc

There definitely exist things that should be improved. It is a pity when tiny “minor” issues leave such an unpleasant aftertaste.

Some of them are, sadly, quite unacceptable, IMHO.

I would really dream of a stable, correctly interruptible (i.e. a Cmd-. that really works), limited Pharo core. That would help development so significantly and allow more experiments.

I solve that by making stuff that distance itself as much as possible from a lot of the Pharo stuff that evolves far too much, far too fast to be relied upon (widgets, graphics, editors), and I'm looking forward to building a limited(*) image with just and only the things I rely on.

One of the thing I need is a CI that triggers both on my code releases and any Pharo update (including the stable ones) since even stable releases may change core APIs.

Anyway, there are lovers and haters of every language.

That I can agree with :)

Some people even give dislikes to videos on YouTube that show how veterinarians heal cats...

All the best
Alex

Regards,

Thierry

(*) I did try with the minimal image, and the tools are clearly limiting.