> I do not see why we should remove star protocols.

Think about future module system which you already started to work with
others.
I don't think you plan to support string convention there.

I just want RIGHT simple things:

aMethod package: aPackage.

or

aPackage addMethod: aMethod.

Instead of

aMethod protocol: '*', aPackage name

Which is the only way to create extension in current system.

> It will break many things.

As soon as package management will do this part in the right way we will
just need to fix code exporters and importers.
But fixing package system is not easy task. Extension protocols and
packages are bound implicitly using events.

> Why can't we focus on important next steps.

I would say it is required step to achieve module system.