> On 18 Apr 2018, at 07:41, Stephane Ducasse <stepharo.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So this means that we could also have a simple hover showing the variable
> values when debugging.

It could be used for that, but then we did have already lookupSymbol: on
context (we added that so we
can easily use any valid variable in the condition for conditional breakpoints).

> Now clement what is the difference with a plain AST interpreter?

For larger ASTs it should be faster (especially with loops), for just reading a
var the compilation overhead
should be quite high.

Did not measure it, though.

The nice thing that is is not a lot of code *and* it is the same code we use to
evaluate DoIts already, so
with some refactoring is would be (from a LOC perspective) completely free and
even simplify the Doit logic.

        Marcus