> I also think that the catalog is important. If anything is wrong with it we
> should fix it.

I agree. Issues:

- The Catalog doesn't use Metacello, so things loaded via the catalog
are not registered properly (upgrades / conflicts)
- The Catalog mix multiple Meta repos and you never know, given a
configuration in multiple repos, which one the Catalog is giving you.
- The Catalog icons are ... non understandable.

> The problem is that the catalog is never working well with the current
> unstable version of Pharo (today 7). Not all package developers take the
> trouble of checking/porting all the time, that is perfectly understandable.

Never tried that one

> Moving the catalog to GitHub with a STON meta description is a good idea, of
> course. All we need is a clean object representing the meta info, the rest
> comes for free.

Maybe. I would like a automated way of extracting the json from a
baseline or configuration... to reduce the friction of using the
catalog.

Thierry