Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the history behind FileDoesNotExist and
FileDoesNotExistException?

Both classes exist in 6.1, and as far as I can tell, both are intended
to do the same thing, i.e. the class comments are:

FileDoesNotExist;

I am raised when an operation is attempted on a file that does not
exist. This includes cases where a file operation is attempted on a
directory.

FileDoesNotExistException:

Notify when fie does not exist

This means that programs have to check for both in exceptions, or be
very sure of whether any object they are using ultimately refers to a
File or a FileReference.

If there isn't a good reason for having both, I think we should remove
one.  Since FileDoesNotExistException is loaded first in the bootstrap
process (since it is part of Files, not FileSystem), keeping it probably
makes more sense.

Similar duplication exists for FileAlreadyExistsException and
FileExists.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Alistair