> Le 13 déc. 2018 à 17:31, Trussardi Dario Romano <dario.trussa...@tiscali.it>
> a écrit :
>
> Ciao,
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The problem seems to come from: "no room in eden for
>> allocateSmallNewSpaceSlots:format:classIndex:"
>> Eden is a part of the heap where new objects are allocated.
>> Basically, it appears that Pharo cannot create objects any more.
>> You can get information about gc and eden space here:
>> https://clementbera.wordpress.com/2017/03/12/tuning-the-pharo-garbage-collector/
>>
>> <https://clementbera.wordpress.com/2017/03/12/tuning-the-pharo-garbage-collector/>
>>
>> Could you try to run your image in headless mode to see if it starts?
>> ex:
>>
>> I would try to start your image with a bigger size for the eden.
>> Clément recommends to do: Smalltalk vm parameterAt: 45 put: (Smalltalk vm
>> parameterAt: 44) * 4.
>> but it means you need an image that is started …
>>
>> You can also set it as an argument to the VM: --eden <size>[mk]
>>
>> You could try with —eden 15207744 for example:
>> ~/Documents/Pharo/vms/70-x64/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --eden 15207744
>> ~/Documents/Pharo/images/Pharo\ 7.0\ -\ 64bit\ \(development\
>> version\)/Pharo\ 7.0\ -\ 64bit\ \(development\ version\).image
>
> After copy the pharoLauncher entry with the error      into
> Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr entry
>
> i do this:
>
> /opt/pharolauncher/pharo-vm$ ./pharo --eden 15207744
> /home/party/Pharo/images/Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr/Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr.image
>
> the shell report:
>
> pthread_setschedparam failed: Operation not permitted
>
> *****  This VM uses a separate heartbeat thread to update its internal clock
> and handle events.  For best operation, this thread should run at a
> higher priority, however the VM was unable to change the priority.  The
> effect is that heavily loaded systems may experience some latency
> issues.  If this occurs, please create the appropriate configuration
> file in /etc/security/limits.d/ as shown below:
>
> cat <<END | sudo tee /etc/security/limits.d/pharo.conf
> *      hard    rtprio  2
> *      soft    rtprio  2
> END
>
> and report to the pharo mailing list whether this improves behaviour.
>
> You will need to log out and log back in for the limits to take effect.
> For more information please see
> ...........r3732#linux
> Errore di segmentazione (core dump creato)
>
> Any idea  about it?

So you have a segmentation fault. It means the image tries to access a memory
address outside the memory range of its process.
using gdb on the core dump could help to have more clues:
https://www.cprogramming.com/debugging/segfaults.html
<https://www.cprogramming.com/debugging/segfaults.html>
Do you also have a segmentation fault if you run the image without the eden
parameter?

> The ***** message required some action ?

this message is just a warning. If you want to avoid it, just execute this as
root:
> cat <<END | sudo tee /etc/security/limits.d/pharo.conf
> *      hard    rtprio  2
> *      soft    rtprio  2
> END

> P.S. I have to conclude that there is no solution?

For now, it is too early to have a conclusion because we do not know what
caused the crash.
As Eliot said, it could be useful to get the crash.dmp file and the
PharoDebug.log file.