Am 12.02.2019 um 08:17 schrieb Petr Fischer via Pharo-dev:

PharoLauncher - upgrading to 1.6 on Windows.eml

Betreff:
PharoLauncher - upgrading to 1.6 on Windows
Von:
Petr Fischer <petr.fisc...@me.com>
Datum:
12.02.2019, 08:17

An:
pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org

Hello.

I thought I'd try PharoLauncher again after some time and I really have a bad
luck with this product.

I have a PharoLauncher version 1.5.1 installed. If I run new 1.6 installer,
this error occurs:

"A more recent version of PharoLauncher is already installed on this computer"
https://app.box.com/s/rbn1n12zvx5rvy4zb1s0fujhkbzwvone

"More recent?..." Really?

I uninstalled old version manually of course, but... PharoLauncher can't update
itself?

Platform: Windows 10 Pro [1809]

pf

I had the same problem and deleted the Pharo entries in the registry manually with regedit. After that I was able to use the installer.

I suspect that the PharoLauncher does not yet contain the correct version information in the registry or that it is not evaluated correctly.

Franz Josef