Eric - I had the same feeling a few years ago when I got a retina laptop and
found Pharo a bit fuzzy on the eyes (although it’s true that with time you
start to notice it less).

Anyway - I’m not sure anyone has actually mentioned that you can download the
latest Glamourous Toolkit (https://gtoolkit.com/#install
<https://gtoolkit.com/#install> - take the prebuilt image) and then open a
playground (with all other windows closed) and evaluate:

Bloc preferableHostClass: BlOSWindowHost

Then try one of the examples in the GT menu (don’t go full screen in your
image), and this will open a second native window rendered in retina quality.
Its still a bit alpha - you get a warning dialog that you have to click ignore
on 3 times - but then it keeps running. It is also obviously unoptimised at
this point too.

I think this gives a welcome glance of the future - so there is hope.

Tim