Torsten Bergmann <asta...@gmx.de> wrote:
> The problem with the new vs. old streams seems to be that migration is
> unfinished even for the base image.
> Development already switched quickly to newer construction sites instead
> of finishing these old ones.

There are indeed several open issues with the new streams usage. I posted
one on the handling of filing in fileouts by drag and drop.

The issue I see with existing code is mostly that an object is used as a
stream but is actually an information holder which understands much more
than the stream protocol. Rewriting that code to use a streamHolder can be
non-trivial.

The fallback behavior of a readWriteStream opened on a read-only file is
also not easy to get right.

Stephan