On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 6:14 AM Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:

> This is all true, BUT ...
>
> Very few people attempt to do fundamental
> changes/cleanups/subsystem-replacements in the core image.

This all true, BUT ... :-)

> This takes a lot of work, is never easy and almost always has issues.

This is exactly why you "roll out" features.

> Resources are limited as well, in theory things can be done better, in
> practice in the real world, not so much.

Resources are limited to everyone, commercial vendors, sponsored ones
like Pharo and, last but not least, "users" [1].

[1] That, like me, read these discussions and only participate in the
list because sometimes they seem biased because of a lack of
consideration/feedback.

I won't argue against the enormous progress and things being done by
the whole Pharo team, but IMO minimizing the use of resources
(time/effort) as a whole is more an objective than a resources thing.

> The alternative is to never touch anything and stay stagnant.

This is a false dichotomy. But can't deny its punch. :-)

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo