Hi Sven,

Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote
> Sounds nice, and indeed a (more) fun way to teach programming.
>
> But I still fail to see why you have to filter incoming UDP packets on
> their origin address.

If third party software on the workstation are connected to other network
services, don't you want to filter out? Or am I missing something?

Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote
> I do agree that using ByteArray and SocketAddress interchanging fails in
> some cases, even though one is a subclass of the other, because #= fails,
> due to the class check.
>
> I can't see an easy way to fix this (as #= is defined in
> SequenceableCollection). One solution might be to add #species ByteArray
> to SocketAddress, but it is hard to see the implications of that.
>
> Another option might be to add:
>
> SocketAddress>>#= anObject
>   ^ self == anObject or: [ self hasEqualElements: anObject ]
>
> This way, #= would work when the SocketAddress is the receiver (but not
> the other way around which is ugly).

Yes, not to be symmetric is a bit a problem, likely not a good addition to
Pharo.
I will see how it goes on my exploration of this topic.

Thanks
Hilaire

-----
http://drgeo.eu