I can confirm text input is severely broken backspace/del  (tried on Linux
buster, but it seems to be an image problem)  -- control characters
themselves get inserted into  text pane.
Type a string into a pane, ex. '123456789', position cursor somewhere in
the middle, press del/backspace/ left&right arrows. If you inspect the
string you'll see control characters inside (evident at 'Items' tab)
regards,
  Danil