That is unfortunate - is there any way to get the original author to change his
mind (I'm guessing they reached out in a huff - which is understandable if this
came up unexpectedly)?

It seems unfortunate effort to rewrite something, and from an Omnibase
perspective, I can't imagine there is sustainable money to be made from future
sales of the product (in a world of so many databases more widely available),
however offering services on top (which I'm sure the original author is in the
best place to do) would seem like a better aim instead of cutting your nose off
to spite your face.

Of course he is the one that can ultimately make the call, but worth double
checking I would say.

Tim