Hi Ramiro,
  You don't need to modify a method to open a debugger, hitting Alt +
. will do it. The behavior you describe is present in Pharo-Core
#10466 too and is probably the same when clicking the "stack top" item
in the Debugger right bottom pane (the context variables inspector).
I'm not fan at all of populating Object, but a quick workaround for
those who want to continue debugging without meta-debugging is to
define in Object

asText
        ^ self asString asText

Cheers,