2009/12/8 Henrik Johansen <henrik.s.johan...@veloxit.no>

> Although I'm unable to reproduce it, it seems to me the possibility of a
> situation where this error could occur increases if text compositing takes
> too long. (notice how primitiveStoreImageSegment is ).
> Reasoning;
> - In TextMorph>> paragraph, an uninitialized paragraph is installed in the
> instvar, then line composition happens.
> - If this method is called from another thread than the UI thread, (say, as
> a response to an Event, which seems to be the case at least for OB) it might
> be interrupted by the UI process, which will happily go ahead and try to
> render the paragraph before it is initialized, then throw an error since
> lines is still nil.
>
> A fix for this problem (which would be to create the paragraph in a temp,
> then store in instvar only when fully intialized) is attached.

Wow!!! you are really the bug killer number one! Thank you very much. Not
only I could reproduce it but also apply the fix and be sure it is fixed and
working like a charm now.

I commit

SLICE-Issue1559
<http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1559>-UninitializedParagraph-MarianoMartinezPeck.1

to inbox.

Cheers,

Mariano

If you would file it in and see if it helps, that'd be nice.