2010/1/22 Schwab,Wilhelm K <bsch...@anest.ufl.edu>

>  I'm very pressed for time right now, but I like the external projects
> workspace.  I still think that there is way too much code, as all of the
> work can be done by one method that forms the name of the configuation class
> and takes (at most) a version string.  The phrase "syntactic sugar" comes to
> mind - not quite the same thing, essentially so for our purposes.
>
> One question: why do we "need" to release 1.0?  It would be nice, if we are
> ready, but I would not want to see a sense of urgency replace good judgement
> - just asking the question.

There are SEVERAL reasons, but I don't have time to answer correctly. I will
let the board to answer, but I will to a summary:

- Because of marketing
- Because to give visibility to outside
- People that are waiting to build stuff because they won't do it until have
a "stable release"
- Companies may not move on a propject that doesn't have yet a stable
release
- Having two branches requieres time and effort
- We need to progress in 1.1
- Because people won't believe in us anymore. We said that the 1.0 release
was going to be one year ago.

If you want to continue this discussion, please open another thread.

Cheers

Mariano