Hi all,

yesterday, in some of that "why did I do that today" I decided to add a
partition to my ext3 fs over LUKS encrypted over LVM over disk
partitions Debian install. Well, things went far from ok, and the result
I lost all the information (it is really encrypted, :(). I had a backup
so nothing important was lost. Or that I thought. Because after
reinstalling and trying to install the squeakvm I noticed that the
squeak vm .deb file from:

http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.11.3.2135-linux_i386.deb

is not more available. I'm sure there are good reasons to remove that
file. But for me that was the squeak vm that I was using (and the one
you reach if you follow the links from pharo-download page and the one
you'll try to download if you use a Debian derived distro...).

The case is that isn't available. So I got the tar.gz for i386 (there
isn't amd64 package, but I have ia32-libs installed):

http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.11.3.2135-linux_i386.tar.gz

and by using this vm I have a problem that I hadn't before:

In a PharoCore 10508 image evaluate this:

NetNameResolver addressForName: 'www.yahoo.com'

I get:

Error: primitive has failed

in NetNameResolver class>>primGetNameInfo:flags

Also

NetNameResolver primGetNameInfoHostSize

gives the same error but in:

in NetNameResolver class>>primGetNameInfoHostSize.

First I though that was the change of vm but then, using the same vm I
opened an old image:

Pharo1.0beta
Latest update: #10454

and there all works correctly.

Can someone confirm this bug so that I can add an issue in the traker.

Or maybe point to something that I am doing wrong.

I repeat, the data:

vm:     3.11.3-2135 #1 XShm Wed Sep 16 14:25:10 PDT 2009 gcc 4.3.3
image:  PharoCore 10508
result: failed

vm:     3.11.3-2135 #1 XShm Wed Sep 16 14:25:10 PDT 2009 gcc 4.3.3
image:  PharoCore 10454
result: worked

Thanks
--