On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Matthias Berth <
matthias.be...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> It's great to see the welcome workspaces in the most recent pharo 1.0rc2!
>
> I have executed the loading of ConfigurationOfSeaside28, and now I
> want to see my little seaside app. I have followed the seaside book
> (made a subclass of WAComponent, registered it). Now I tried to go to
> http://localhost:8080/ but I get nothing. Looks like seaside is not
> started...
>
> What can I do?

You have to start a web server. You can type:
WAKom startOn: 8080.

You may be interested in watching some of these screencasts:
http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/search/label/web

> What should we write in the welcome workspace to fix this problem for
> beginners?
>
> What do I have to do to get a change in the text into the next release?

I think that for beginners, the easiest way to get Seaside running is to
pick a ready made image here http://seaside.st/download/pharo

Cheers

Laurent