On Feb 3, 2010, at 12:34 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 3 February 2010 10:33, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:
>> I think that this would be the first mail to smalltalk-research
>>
> Err, what you mean?
>
> All i could say, that this scheme already discussed on squeak-dev
> couple of years ago... This is exactly the way where i think we should
> eventually go to. So what is new about it?

Do we request that only new things are discussed on Smalltalk-research?

LOOM is very old, too... in general, there is a lot of wisdom espececially in
old
papers. Partly because it was possible to publish easily cool ideas without
having
to have every open question already answered.
... the good old days :-)

The problem is that if new people start, they have to read old papers. Else
how can they learn? There are even things that experienced people don't know.
For example, because they did not do research in this direction in the past.

        Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.