On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Lukas Renggli <reng...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> It is interesting to note that of course, after this was added to 3.9,
>> there was
>>> someone *very hard* arguing that adding Pragmas was a very dumb idea...
>>>
>>> Who that person was is left as an exercise to the reader of course ;-)
>>
>> Hint: FFI has its own proprietary hardcoded pragma format. It
>> unnecessary complicates the compiler even when not loaded. Not to
>> mention that it breaks all tools that have their own parser, such as
>> RB for example.
>>

> And I hate having to write <apicall:      in windows and  <cdecl:  in Unix*
> I would love to be the same and that someone else takes care, not me (the
> user).
> Do you know if there is a reason for this?   I imagine that yes.

AFAIK apicall: uses the stdcall calling convention
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_calling_conventions#stdcall), while
cdecl: uses the cdecl calling convention
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_calling_conventions#cdecl).
So it depends on the function's calling convention which you should use
(and not the OS).

Levente