Stefan wrote:
> What I would love to be able to do is to
>        use the webcam of my machine to scan a book ISBN number
>        and fetch all the data from a given provider.
> Does anybody have an idea how we could plug all that together.

I remember Seabreaze for Seaside has a seaside barcode/webcam
reader component (using an online webservice to identify the item)
to do exactly that.

I think it was in one of the videos at http://seabreeze.heeg.de/
(one of the videos with Roland Wagner). Maybe you should try
the one-click image or ask on the seabreeze list.

Bye
T.
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser