On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 11:14 +0100, Henrik Johansen wrote:
> Den 21.02.2010 23:11, skrev Bryce Kampjes:

> >> I think the difference is 3 lines for the 4 methods.

> >> There's no inlining VM available ATM (besides SqueakJ, but that can't
> >> run current images) and noone knows when one will be. And even though I
> >> didn't try it, I expect that "inlining by hand" saves time and memory.
> >>
> > I'm working on inlining in Exupery at the moment though progress is
> > still slow. (Time I've two young boys)...
> >
> > Bryce
> >

> Will Exupery work on the 0.15 VM now?
> IIRC, when making it available, you mentioned there was primitive
> collision between Exupery/Closures.

You mean the 0.15 Exupery VM? ;-)

Yes, but there's still that problem with closures. I moved the
interpreter closure code into the Exupery VMs to allow people to work on
closures in the image. I haven't yet implemented the closure bytecodes
in Exupery.

Closure support will be added to the Exupery JIT after inlining methods
without blocks. Then after adding closure bytecode support I'll add
inlining of closures.

Bryce